Carolina girl

Hello world. It's been nearly a month since I wrote a new post. Tessa is 3 weeks old tomorrow. I am just starting to feel semi-normal again. Regular sleep is a distant memory, though when I do sleep, there is no more discomfort from not being able to roll over due to my enormous midsection. We have spent most of our days at home getting out only for doctor's appointments or the occasional stroll through the neighborhood. So last night was a new "first."
As most of you know, the Tar Heels put a whoopin' on Duke last night. We had big plans to watch the game at home by ourselves since it was starting at 9 and I'm usually struggling to stay awake by then. However, our dinner was delivered by the Greenes and they, being UNC alumni as well, invited us to watch the game with them. When Andrea asked if we'd like to come over, I'm sure I gave her a puzzled look. I was thinking, "Uhhhhhh...I.......uhhhhh....I dunno." This was a whole new concept. Going out?!...at night?!...with the baby?!

The more I thought about it, the more I thought we should try it. They live just 5 minutes away and it's way more fun to watch UNC beat Dook with other people, not to mention they have a sweet HD TV. (Justin even commented on how the players' skin tone and hair color looked different. We obviously don't have HD). It was a successful night. Tessa was a great fan. She stayed awake for the whole game and looked super cute as she cheered on her Heels. (She started out the day in the white outfit, but it didn't make it past the morning after we got a big poop! But that's ok, she likes the blue one more anyway).




3 comments:

mama becca said...

Dear Tessa,
Even though it's strange to admit this, we were all very, very happy to see the 'heels beat DOOK. Even though we are demon deacons, we also know that carolina fans sort of like wake sometimes, and like to cheer for us sometimes. So, we returned the favor. Because we all know that dookies are just that... dookies.
thanks for the good luck you brought to the game. every time an albertson baby has come home, wake has beaten dook. so, you must be a good baby :).
love
all the albertsons :)

HM said...

Congratulations, Holly and Justin! And I love the name! Btw, Tessa is wearing the wrong shade of blue--Go Blue Devils (last night was just an aberation:)

Helen

Michael & Lynn said...

Go heels! so glad Tessa is already a heels fan :)
-Lynn