Sandbox

A few days ago we had our sad sidewalk removed since the nearby trees' roots were causing serious havoc on the concrete.

Today we went outside to play and Tessa joyfully found a nice use for the empty space: a sandbox ..."dirtbox".



Fun huh? She would grab small fistfuls of dirt and toss it in the air as though it was enchanted specks of love, glitter and magic. Well...it got me thinking. Specifically I was thinking, "this stinks, she deserves better." And furthermore, no matter how much she loved the dirt, I knew of something better. Something cleaner, blissful and wonderful. Something that she could really enjoy. (Yes, this will most like be a sermon illustration.)

So we called up a friend who had mentioned having an unused sandbox that we could have. Made a quick run to Ace Hardware for a few bags of you-know-what. And Boom! It was real play time.





I think she likes it. She was in it for a couple of hours at least. Eventually we were able to pry her away...but we had to use a cherry popsicle as bait. (In a related story, we're expecting to give Tessa more baths.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our sweet Baby T! Miss and love her terribly! Love the sandbox and looks like she does also! Tell her Nana and Papaw have a surprise for her!I love you all!!!!!!!

mandy said...

AWWWW!!!
I think playing in the sand was my FAVORITE thing to do as a kid. Wow. So much fun. And so much sand in places it shouldn't have been. o.O

Lynn said...

I cannot believe how big she is getting!!! We need to see her soon! So when are you coming down for a visit? :)