One last jump off a building

I suppose it was a decent ending to a five-year saga. For us it basically began and ended with a group of friends who all speculated over who was really good or bad, who was really dead or alive, or what in the world does launching missiles have anything to do with a 500-year old prophecy? (okay, that last part only came last night.)

This last show was supposed to answer all the questions. And perhaps it did. Was it all about immortality? power? faith? Now, I suppose, we'll never really understand what any of it meant... (Probably because it never meant anything.)

I guess my real theory has nothing to do with the story, but more that the writers ran out of ways to prolong a rediculously long artifact hunt. Now they can focus on confusing the heck out of people who watch "Lost". (like us.)

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I'm thoroughly lost in the story line of, well, Lost. The first season was fantastic. The second season has turned out to be confusing. Very confusing. My theory is that the island is the bizzaro world, parallel universe of Giligan's Island.

justin said...

While we were watching Lost last night, Holly kept saying "why are you breathing like that" -- pointing that after about 10 or so minutes I would let out a sigh of disbelief/disappointment over the direction and choice of what to do with the time given. This all makes me wonder what they think making 2 hour finales: one hour to drag the story as slow as possible, another hour to zip through the story to present a whole new world of dilemmas. I as annoyed, to say the least.