Little Moments. Big Magic.

Well, it's official. It's been five years and one month since I walked through the door of BBBS in Winston-Salem and on Friday afternoon, I signed out for good. Surprisingly, it was as easier to leave than I thought. I guess that's because it still feels like I just went home for the weekend. As I've reflected back over the years, I can still remember the first day. I walked into an empty office...no desk, no chair, no computer, not even a pen. Because my position was brand new, I had no one's stuff to inherit. Don't worry though; my collection of office supplies grew as did my responsibilities. And through the years, I've learned so much I can't even put it into words. I appreciate so much more about community and diversity because of my job. It's amazing what a little time invested into a child's life will do.

As fun as the kids have been, my favorite memories are definitely with my fellow staff. We've had many laughs and shared countless stories. I'm very grateful for the time we've shared. And so, to my BBBS friends, thank you for the support. I'll miss you all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BBBS will never be the same without our girl Holly. From her first day here you brought smiles to our faces and inspired each of us to do the best we could. You will always be one of the BBBS girls. We miss you everyday!