Champion of 'Sweet'

Now, don't get me wrong. Dr. Pepper is definitely one of my top 4 sodas (1. Coke, 2. Sun Drop, 3. Cherry Coke, 4. Dr. Pepper). But their new commercials takes on a whole new level... no... genre... no... INDUSTRY of everything sweet. Honestly, I didn't have a problem with it until I saw a commercial where Diet Dr. Pepper (yes, DIET!) puts itself up against ice cream. ICE CREAM! And claims that it is a perfect substitute for that cold, traditional treat!

If this means I'm getting old...well...fine. But ICE CREAM!!! There is no substitute! And you know this. Let's see...we've had frozen yogurt (nope), sorbet (nope), "gelato" (yum...but NO!). Ice cream is irreplaceable. The best comfort food. The best thing to put in a truck with a special song that gets kids racing toward it.

And my ultimate evidence is the "float".

Floats are awesome. I haven't had one in years, but I love them. So what do you do when you want a Dr. Pepper float? According to DDP...Pour your DDP and then put a scoop of DDP in for that perfect float!?!?!?!?!

I certainly give it to them. They've taken on a worthy opponent. And being a fan of both clearly presents a problem for me. But it's really no contest. Not even close. It's like Montana and Neela playing the Tar Heels in an exhibition. Funny. But not even a game.

There's no substitute.

0 comments: