Dean versus Holly


If you've been reading our blog lately, you've probably enjoyed a lot of stories and pictures from our recent experiences in the Dominican Republic. Since this place is still very special to us, it has become important to us to share these things here on this blog. This being said, this little country is about to get a powerful smacking from Hurricane Dean.

As I write this, my beloved wife is in Santo Domingo, which is nestled on the edge of the projected path. She arrived today for another week of assisting some workshops for the women of the community...and of course, she doesn't want to think about leaving.

Therefore I'm calling on you, dear friends, to pray for her. While I selfishly want to pray for her safety, I am asking you to pray for God's grace and glory to be evident to those whom she ministers to in the coming days, especially as our cherished community embraces for an impact as early as Saturday. Also pray for Deb, who has been planning these sessions for months.

Stay tuned for an update. I have a feeling that these next few days will be very, very interesting!

5 comments:

mandy said...

uh oh....
we should've stopped her.
:(

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be keeping her in my prayers...and tuning in to the news a little more often.

Holly said...

nice picture. i´m fine so far. just cloudy and a little rain here and there. tonight should be more interesante.

Brad said...

Dean vs. Chubby Bunny!!!

Anonymous said...

So what happened to Holly's head? Did it end up on the Yucatan? Hello!!! How about some follow up around here!