Six years ago...

...Justin and I celebrated our wedding day. And as luck would have it, my friend Mandy "tagged" our blog yesterday with a marriage meme, so here goes:

1. We met the first day of my freshman year at UNC (yes, that would be August 1997...wow). Justin was a sophomore and we were both at the CCC freshman picnic. He and I don't really remember this, but thankfully, my bff Christy does. He was on the list of cute boys that we listed as the reasons we would go to to CCC meeting that next week. That, and because we found other people that love Jesus, of course!

2. Our friendship grew for a couple of years into a wonderful brother/sister-in-Christ relationship. Then in fall 1999, things changed.

3. We had our first attempt at what was supposed to be a double-date (though I thought it was just a group outing, so I invited several friends...oops). We (if I recall, there were about 8 of us) went to eat at Applebee's and to see Peter Pan (play, not movie), which was showing on campus. Justin made sure to sit beside me at both.

3. After I clued in, we eventually began dating (in crusade-speak, we dtr-ed) on January 1, 2000. Y2K!

4. In our first serious "now-we're-dating" conversation, we shared about our own relationships with Jesus.

5. After 11 months of dating, he surprised me with a proposal and a ring. Nine months after that, we got married. We moved to Winston-Salem, got jobs, and had very little social life. Although, thanks Will and Christy for moving to Winston too. At least we could hang out with y'all 3-4 times a week!

6. A few months after we got married, we got a dog. Raising Montana became the first thing that we really had to work at together. Taking care of another living thing will certainly teach you about yourselves. We must have liked it, because now we have Neela too!

7. The longest we've ever been apart is one week. Thank you Lord for letting us travel together this summer!

8. Justin likes the fact that I'm Asian. I like that he's tall. ;-)

And just for fun...pictures. It's fun to see how we've changed (or not) over the years!

5 comments:

mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Nathan said...

Congrats, love birds!

mandy said...

awwwww..............
:)
fun fun fun!

Unknown said...

loved the slideshow of pictures!! and from the lewis family in its entirity.....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
yea, i know.. im up a bit late.

We Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're married.