Catch-up

The seminary has this wonderful invention called “Reading Week.” While it is most likely a ploy to give faculty time off, it serves as a well needed break. And we get one of these every month! But after having my first extremely sub-par performance on a Hebrew quiz…this student knows he has some work to do. And just so you know Biblical Hebrew is not easy…nor fun. Why? – you might ask.

  1. Right to left, instead of left to right. Re-train your brain.
  2. No vowels… just dots and lines…which means you read one word as a zig-zag (going left – see #1).
Now that I’ve gotten the alphabet down (or “alephbet,” for you pretentious Hebrew nerds), there’s hope. But I certainly invite your prayers as I play catch-up.

I’m also taking a class on the Gospel of Mark, which I took because I've read Mark much less than the other three. Not sure why though. This of course leads me to question for you, reader: Do you have a favorite Gospel (choose between Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)? What about that book appeals to you?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the book of John,
It's more appealing and deals with knowing God on a relationally. In Matthew, Mark, an Luke they are talking about our good works and John refers that we must know Him to come to him. Good question today!! Enjoy your quiet