Sweeping Beauty

I realize tonight what makes this World Series win especially sweet. It comes after a long baseball season where Hol and I cheered faithfully from our couches, never making it to a game. But it’s also seen through the eyes of a little thirteen year-old boy who saw of the beauty of a magical world of baseball through baseball cards. My heroes from those days have since retired, but also have records tainted with questions, scandals and that one lost season to a strike.

Tonight, we celebrate as our team pulled it off and a classy group of Americans, Dominicans and Japanese players simply played the game. Congratulations Sox! See you at the parade!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you all had to be super excited. My build-a-bear is decked out in a Red Sox hat, so I was celebrating too. Miss you all, and hope you're staying warm... Love you!