"Hello. I'm a ?"


Well, it's official. Justin and I are now on opposing sides. He's on the left. I'm on the right. Except I'm a girl and he's definitely not a nerd like the guys in the ad, but you get the idea.

Yes, I got my very first Mac on Friday. I'm as shocked as you are. I mean, obviously, I've always thought Macs are much cooler and I'd like to have one. But I never thought I'd be owning one this decade.

It all changed when I realized I need a laptop for work. You see, I'm taking on some new responsibilities with Mission Emanuel and a computer that can travel will be most helpful. Lugging my desktop around is just not an option. So, they gave me a generous budget and said, "Go shopping." Justin and I headed to Best Buy with full intentions to pick out a Dell or HP. The sales guy showed us a great Dell laptop that was on clearance, so we said we'd be back once we got the "ok" from the finance guy.

Two days later, we arrive at Best Buy to find that they've all sold out. So, we start looking at the other options, but we're unsure what to do. We're about to leave and just order the Dell online for the not-Best-Buy-clearance price when a sales guy approaches. After a short discussion on what I need, he says, "Have you thought about a Mac?" No. I hadn't. Because Macs don't run Windows. Or so I thought...




Let's just say that when it's time for Justin to get a new laptop...he'll be joining me on the right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i officially have a girl-crush on you now.

haz me coro?

HM said...

Holly---welcome to the Mac club. You will never want to own another PC---never ever! Ill post the DR pics and summary soon.
Helen

mama becca said...

I'm sooooooo jealous... let me know how you like it... we may copy you in a year (saving up...)

Holly said...

mandy: ummm...torpe

HM: thanks and i agree. never going back

albertsons: love it. you should definitely make the switch.