Surprise Visit... sort of

Late Sunday night (a week +1 day ago) I began to inquire of the final plans Holly had in mind for my birthday celebration. (See below for her gifts to me.) She loves surprises. Everything has to be one - gifts, parties, ...people coming into town. I am fond of not knowing a few things, but sometimes you just want a heads up - to see what's coming at you.

Through my gentle prodding I guessed that people were definitely coming. And then narrowing down the potential culprits I got her to give in: My parents and sister! I know they were disappointed that I found out, but the "heads up" gave me time to soak in the amazing gesture of planning and sacrifice that goes in to such a trip.

First of all, they brought me a few surprises: (1) Cheerwine and (2) Cheesecake - not the be eaten together, of course, but we did anyhow. I especially have enjoyed my Cheerwine because I have had a craving for it since the airport security guy took it away from me over a year ago...

Then, we had a chance to be super-touristy in these past few days: driving around the North Shore, walking through the historic Bear Skin Neck of Rockport, touring Fenway Park, and eating lobster (finally)! That makes for a lot of tired feet, but a happy family.

I just dropped them off at the airport and apparently (to top off their amazing trip here) they saw Henry Winkler at the airport. AYYY! (pictures to be uploaded soon.)

4 comments:

Christy said...

What the crap?! Henry Winkler. Now that would've been a great birthday present. They should've kidnapped him or something.

Will said...

I can see it now. Mr. Lewis walks up to the Fonz and in an official sounding voice says, "Sir, you need to come with me." No sooner do they step through the doors into the stairwell that Holly, being the ninja that she is, throws a burlap sack over Winkler's head and they stuff him into a suitcase. Then, with or without the prodding of a firearm, the Fonz jumps out of Justin's cheesecake and the day is filled with birthday bliss. Ayyyyy!

Unknown said...

to be the Fonz and all, he sure had some trouble making "pulling a suitcase on wheels" look cool.

mandy said...

yay!
and i knew all along.
muahahahaha