Tools-R-us.

So I know I am supposed to be blogging about the joys of waiting for my baby to come. It's tough because I know a lot of you wonderful bloggers want to know daddy-to-be's feelings, while others are hoping that there is more going on in my life than talking to my wife's belly. (and yes, apparently at the fourth month the fetus can hear and begin to learn sounds. It's supposedly like talking underwater. I can't imagine the confusion at birth hearing everything louder and clearer!)

But here's a little anecdote that has nothing to do with baby.

I don't consider myself as a facebook person with a ton of friends. I mean, I have my fair share, but suddenly when I look at the little news feed section, or birthdays, I'm thinking…"do I really know this person enough to receive all these updates about their life?" So I imagined out loud with Holly about ways I could "tighten" my friendworld. One brainstorm idea: when someone tries to befriend me that I am ambivalent on finding out how applications they just installed or who else they've befriended, I could send back a little message with some explanation why I use facebook and that they shouldn't take it personally that I am not going to "accept" at this time.

Upon hearing this idea, Holly retorted, "You would be a total tool if you did that."

Yep. She's right.

And I love her for being that honest with me.

3 comments:

Will said...

I've succumbed to being a facebook whore too. Random people keep asking to be my friend. I know they would be crushed if I didn't accept, so I just do it. It's the cross I bear.

mandy said...

HAHAHA!!!!

yes. go with it... accept. it'll make you look cooler than you really are!

justin said...

Mandy clearly knows I need all the help I can get in the "coolness" department.

Will, I admire the sacrifice that you're making to create the illusion that some people have at least one friend in the world.