cookies, books, and friends

Tessa sure has had a fun past few days. She received a few great packages in the mail. First, a box of cookies from the Yandles. Then, several books from the Amazing Baby collection. Our friend, Maryanne, really likes hers, so Nana Norma bought some for T. I know she's going to love reading them soon. And this weekend, Becky flew down from MA for a quick visit to meet her niece. We had a great time chatting, shopping, and then grilling and cheering on the Tarheels!

The most exciting thing happened this morning. I had just come back from taking Becky to the airport. Tessa was sitting by the front door looking at the sunlight coming through the glass. I went over to say hi and she returned the greeting with lots of smiles and her first laugh! It was by far the best part of my day. We tried to get her to laugh again on film, but no such luck. Maybe next time. You'll have to settle for her just talking for now. :-)

3 comments:

Michael & Lynn said...

We are so jealous Becky got to meet T first. We are counting down the days to May 7!

Christy said...

I love cooing!! It's so funny, every time I see a cute video on your blog, I think to myself, "Three weeks." I suppose that will only work for so long though, goodness knows I can't expect them to roll over and crawl at the same time.

Mama Lutz said...

Good gracious, that girl is growing!