nursery rhymes for dummies

mother_goose_lg.jpg Now that Tessa is becoming more playful, we've started singing songs and playing little games with her. However, in the process Justin and I have come to realize that we need to brush up on our nursery rhymes and children's songs. Why? Here's my version of "Patty Cake."

Patty cake
Patty cake
Baker's man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can

Roll 'em up
Roll 'em up
Throw 'em in the pan!

After doing this several times, I realized there's something wrong with this and it makes absolutely no sense. So, as with all things I don't know, I google it. Apparently, there are lots of versions, but mainly one. And nowhere does it say "Roll 'em up, roll 'em up, throw 'em in the pan."

Mother Goose, visit the Lewis house soon. We need some help.

2 comments:

Mama Lutz said...

Oh, yeah - I know about that. Poor kids. Imagine when grandmas do it differently! It can really cause some tension in the home when daddy learned it one way and mommy learned it another. Beyond the whole "pitch/throw" debate, there's the question of marking it with a B.

mandy said...

:)

Miss y'all...
so much.