Lately

We had a great Thanksgiving with friends, new and not-so-new, from the school and elsewhere. It was a fun alternative since we couldn't be in NC with our family. I appreciate how God continues to provide a family wherever we are. In Psalms it says he "sets the lonely in families" and I have found this to be true as we have moved to such a faraway place. But, I'll never complain again about how far I am from home. A friend of ours is in Africa and she recently wrote about her students who travel for days to reach their families. It gave me a reality check and made me very thankful for the short 14-hour drive or 2-hour plane ride home.

Here's a few pics from our afternoon with friends as well as our Thanksgiving dinner with the college ministry. (Two Thanksgivings in one week is awesome.) Sorry, no pics from Thursday's party. Enjoy!




1 comments:

mary said...

Thanks for the nod, Holly!

I'm glad you guys had a good thanksgiving. Amen to God providing a family wherever we are. As we step out in faith towards him--he is exceedingly faithful to us! I enjoyed a feast at a gathering of three great families, and felt very loved and included--and enjoyed some delicious food!

Meanwhile, my student trying to get home to Angola still hasn't received her visa to return or even start the looooong journey. (Fortunately, she's Canadian, and didn't necessarily miss out on a Thanksgiving feast; I'm sure she'll get home by Christmas :)