Lewie

It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to Lewie, the beloved pet/family member of Holly's mom and stepdad, who died this past weekend. Our memories will always be a delight as this fun, affectionate, energy-filled dog brought so many laughs.

I remember 7 years ago when I accompanied Holly (my then-girlfriend) and her parents to pick him up. He was so, so small - as most Jack Russell Terriers are. And so when Lorna and Darrell decided to name him after me, I was unsure if I should be insulted. :-) Because of Lewie, I began to love dogs for the first time, learned how to give a dog a bath... and eventually, is the reason we adopted Montana a year later.

We jokingly called him "Uncle Lewie" whenever our dogs would play with him. And we cannot thank him enough for passing his along his trademark, silence-shattering ear-flap. (While staying with us one week, he taught our dogs to flap their ears whenever they woke up in the middle of the night.)

We'll miss you, Lewie... and we'll think of you with every ear flap.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so saddened to hear about this loss. It is the most gut wrenching feeling to lose a pet, because it is amazing how it hits close to home and feels like losing your best friend. My prayers are with them, and ya'll too. I heard many stories of Lewie, and his adventures. He seemed to bring a smile to everyone's face. That picture is adorable.

Love,
Haley