oh Tana

For a few weeks, Montana has had a small growth on her eyelid. It looks like a zit that needs to be popped. But she, nor I, really wanted to go squeezing her eyelid. Since I procrastinated on taking her to the vet (I know...bad mommy), we made the trip home and thought we'd visit the vet when we got back to MA. However, her eye worsened over the past 2 days, so we took her to the vet in Marion. They said immediate removal was our best option, so this morning, she went into surgery.

As we got out of the car and walked toward the vet's door, she started backing up and pulling us away from the office. It's like she knew. "Noooooooooo...they're going to hurt me!" We wondered if all the other dogs inside were barking warnings telling her to run away as fast as she could. She sat beside me shaking while Justin signed the paperwork. I know she's just a dog, but it made me really sad. I wanted her to understand that she would feel better after it was over.

A little while later, they called and said she was out of surgery and doing fine. And soon, she was ready to come home. We picked her up and, needless to say, she was happy to get out of that place. We didn't realize they would have to shave some of her fur around her eye, so she looks kind of funny. I don't know how we're going to keep her from scratching and pawing at it. Maybe we'll get one of those collars that looks like a funnel around her neck.

On the way home we decided that even though it cost all the money we got for Christmas plus some, she's worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, poor thing. Give her a nice gentle pat from all of us (especially Jonah). We hope she is feeling better very soon.

Unknown said...

Aw, our little Tana. I am going to miss her and Neela the next couple days. It's been nice having them around to put Tai in his place. See ya Tuesday :-)

Christy said...

I'm so sorry! I remember how hard it was to see Charlie in pain. He sends his love to Montana, as do the rest of the Alleys.