Lovey

Tessa has a new friend. He doesn't have a name yet. We just call him "froggie" or her "lovey." We just started to put him in the crib with her when she sleeps. Apparently, it can be good for babies to attach to something other than Mom or Dad. I think she likes him.

We actually have several of these small blankets with stuffed animal heads. Two frogs, two bunnies, two bears. Each one is slightly different, but the same concept. I'm hoping she'll be happy with all of them and not settle on just one. If not, we'll be scouring stores and the internet for several extras in the inevitable case that we lose one at some point in the next few years. (Speaking of which, Christy told me that there are mean people out there who buy up all of these things and then resell them on eBay for insane amounts of money. They know that desperate parents will pay anything to replace their child's closest friend). Anyway, I had to wash the frog yesterday and she seemed just as happy with the bunny.

Did you have a lovey as a child? I had "Elephant" and a blanket. Elephant is still around I think at my mom's house. The blanket is long gone. Not sure if Justin had anything when he was little. Probably a GI Joe or Transformer.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Eisley became so attached to those fluffy pillows when she was about 9 months old. It all stated when i bought just one. Since then we have had about 10 of them. She takes the corner and rubs her ear or nose or chin while trying to go to sleep. they are not as soft as they once were after wear and washings, but she still loves it.

Lynn said...

I had a little pink blankey that I gave away before college!

Nothing but the Krums said...

We just started Ainsley with a lovey too and I have to say that I was one of the suckers that bought an extra on Ebay for too much money.

mandy said...

OH SO CUTE!!!!

I don't think I had anything like that. maybe a pillow...? maybe...

When do I get to see that little angel again???